Run function when screen geometry changes

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Run function when screen geometry changes
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:29:44 -0400

In Carbon Emacs, is there a way to run a function when the display
geometry changes?  I usually have my MacBook Pro connected to an
external display.  When I disconnect the external, my Emacs frame
sometimes ends up off-screen.  Most Mac applications automatically
detect this and relocate their windows onto the visible display, but
Emacs doesn't.  I can write a command using set-frame-position, but it
would be nice if this could be run automatically, triggered by the
display geometry changing.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA