Re: Programatically suppress "Async Shell command" buffer

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Programatically suppress "Async Shell command" buffer
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:48:50 +0200

Am 10.07.2009 um 05:30 schrieb dnquark:

To add: I can redirect the command output to /dev/dull, but the
problem is that I cannot run the command in a dired buffer since it is
read-only.  Is there a way to specify that the command produces no
output so that it could be possible to run in a read-only buffer,e.g.
dired?

I don't understand what you are trying to express. Can you give a detailed example? With actual shell commands? A picture (ASCII) of the dired buffer before and afterwards? And another example when you launched GNU Emacs with -Q and applied the same example?

--
Greetings

  Pete

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
                                – Franklin P. Jones