Emacs Info node in Emacs Info Reader

From: Pingouin
Subject: Emacs Info node in Emacs Info Reader
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 07:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

this morning our IT people upgraded Emacs from version 21.3.1 to
22.3.  Emacs runs fine but in Emacs info reader there is no Emacs
node, in fact there is only two nodes, the "Texinfo documentation
system" node and the "TeX" node (we have TeXlive installed).  I am
using the ESS and AucTeX Emacs packages, they had info nodes under
21.3 but not anymore.  If I start the Info Reader from the shell there
is an Emacs node but it is still for 21.3?

What went wrong with the installation?  Emacs is running under RedHat
Enterprise Linux Advanced Server version 4 update 8.

Thanks for any insight,

GĂ©rald Jean