gnus: how to improve searching for articles

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: gnus: how to improve searching for articles
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:03:22 +0200

Hello,

I sometimes need to search for a word in all articles from one group. For
that I use:

        `M-s'
             Search through all subsequent (raw) articles for a regexp
             (`gnus-summary-search-article-forward').

This would be wonderfull if the match in the article could be
highlighted (a la 'grep --color' for example) because it's pretty hard
to know where the match has been found in the article at first glance.

The previous command actually does an incremental search. However
sometimes it may be more convenient to do a global a search and get the
list of all articles that containing a match in an other window. It's
actually a 'M-x grep' command but which works on group's articles. Does
this command exist ?

Also I'm wondering how to search a pattern in the body of an article
only.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Francis