Re: emacs 23, adding 2 buttons/icons to beginning of toolbar. howto?

From: TomSW
Subject: Re: emacs 23, adding 2 buttons/icons to beginning of toolbar. howto?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 25, 12:09 pm, Michal <rabbi...@tenbit.pl> wrote:
> TomSW <tom.weissm...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Are your arrows in the toolbar at all, for gdb buffers? When I tried
> > the toolbar completely changes...
>
> for GDB buffer they do not appear. I mean something else.
> Just put the breakpoint in let's say main.cpp and run Your application.
> When it stops in main.cpp switch Your cursor to main.cpp. You will see
> that "arrow" button appeared there. But ALSO the remaining part of
> buttons is the same as for *gud-main* buffer. Number of these buttons is
> different from those present in main.cpp just after opening main.cpp.
> So my arrow buttons are moved. Their position is different depending on
> I am in some *.cpp buffer that has just been "hit" by gdb or it
> wasn't.

It works like this: the tool bar items are fetched from the active
keymaps, starting with global-map, then the current major mode's map.
The global map's tool bar items are generated from the value of tool-
bar-items. Consequently it's not possible to add items to the
beginning of the tool bar by specifying tool bar items in the major
mode map, you need to change the value of tool-bar-items (as stated in
the info documents), which is what info mode and gud do.

regards,
Tom SW