Re: help needed on toolbar in emacs 23.

From: Michal
Subject: Re: help needed on toolbar in emacs 23.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:30:03 +0200

Michal <rabbitko@tenbit.pl> writes:

> Hallo group readers!
> Is there any document that would describe aspects of toolbar in emacs
> 23.
>
> For example I added some icons to c++-mode-map's tool-bar.
> Then I opened tool.cpp file which contains my new icons.
> Then I run gdb, set breakpoint to some place in main.cpp so the program
> stopped there (tool bar contents totally differs for such buffer).
> But it happens that my c++-mode-map's tool-bar icons also in main.cpp
> tool bar.
>
> Now I want to add icon to be visible only in main.cpp like buffers (ie.
> buffers where gdb is invoked).
>
> how to do this?
>
> Hopefuly my explanation is clear.
>
> best regards,
> Michal

I am still diving into the problem.
I see that there is tool-bar-map, which probably (?) keeps look
of toolbar of buffer currently visited (???)
But for example, when I visit tool.cpp file, icons I added
c++-mode-map's tool-bar are not visible in toolbar of this buffer. why?

When I visit main.cpp (the one gdb stopped thus main.cpp buffer has
another toolbar contents), I see that tool-bar-map contents are
different, which is good because toolbar contents of buffer where gdb
stopped are different.
But what surprizes me (my unnecesarilly) is the fact that tool-bar-map
is global there and buffer is still in c++-mode. Does it mean that gdb
 overwrites global tool-bar-map.
All this is very curious to me and I still cannot find any documentation
on how to deal with toolbars in emacs.

I wonder now, maybe I should just ask about my original problem that
would lead me to the question. Maybe in new message.

best regards
michal