Need help

From: Dhaval Malaviya
Subject: Need help
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

Let me introduce myself, I am VLSI engineer and I am fan of emacs and use it extensively for editing my code.

However, sometimes when I use emacs auto completion macros (i use verilog specific macros), emacs window gets stuck and after some time it regains. Can you please help in hunting out the reason for same.

Can somebody let me know what all functionality in such editors loads processor mostly and makes its slow? Is it LISP programming (used to code emacs) is reason or lots of functionality is one?

I will be very grateful if some body from community help me out with this.

Thanks in advance for your time and response.

Dhaval