cursor size problem

From: Robert C.
Subject: cursor size problem
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have recently come across an issue with my mouse cursor size being too
large in emacs. When I connect my macbook to a 24" display, if I run emacs
then my cursor size in emacs becomes very large (about three text line
heights in emacs). Note that this ONLY happens in emacs, it does not happen
when I run xv or eog. My mouse cursor is normally sized for all other
programs, but when I move it over the emacs window it becomes much larger.
Note that if I move the mouse to the options menu and buttons at the top of
the emacs window it becomes normally sized, but when it is over the text and
scrollbar it becomes large.

I assume this is a display issue as a result of connecting my macbook to a
large display.
Does anyone have ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!