Re: Working with constansts

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Working with constansts
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:34:35 +0200

> For example we call PI a constant.  But PI is the ration between a
> circle circumference and its diameter, and this ratio depends on the
> curvature of the universe, so PI is not really a constant: in our
> universe it depends on the altitude, or the distance to the sun, (on
> the gravity in general).

Certainly PI is a real constant.  It is not defined by relative
physical properties, but my mathematics.  (In the physical universe,
there is no such thing as a circle.[1])

Yes, when physicists use the word "constant", it's actually an
assumption or average measurement.  But code is mathematics, not physics.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

[1]: probably