Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:11:25 +0200

Am 05.05.2009 um 00:03 schrieb Samuel Wales:

Your "manual matching" works on the cleaned static text data, while the mode
in the buffer sees the text plus the ANSI Esc codes which are used

I don't think so.  My manual matching works on the mode in the buffer.
 Why would it be any different for the function?

The buffer's mode works in real time. It receives everything. What's left afterwards is some colourful simple text.

That was not my question either.  You mentioned 3 variables as
solutions.  I do not see that they are solutions.  If that is
incorrect, please kindly say how the last 2 variables solve the
problem in any way whatsoever, and how the first solves it completely.

I have no exact idea. I mentioned them in case you wanted to make some experiments. The documentation, which I haven't read for some years, might be helpful.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs