Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?

From: Leo
Subject: Re: yasnippet and friends: usefull ?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:49:50 +0100

On 2009-04-28 23:25 +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>    I use a modified snippet.el that integrates into abbrev seamlessly. I
>    like it better than yasnippet.
>
> Why ? Is it available somewhere ? How do you practically use it ?

It is my attempt to revive snippet.el.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.AUCTeX.general/3251

I'll add more features later on and release it.

When you define abbrevs you can use snippet features in them. For example,
I have 'ol' expand to

<ol>
</ol>

snippet-region will be called to process the abbrev expansion.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

               www.git-scm.com
    git - the one true version control system