Re: python setup ?

From: thierry . volpiatto
Subject: Re: python setup ?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:42:23 +0200

Hi,
Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi
>
>    Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:
>
>    > I am starting to do some work with python. I am looking for
>    > options/setups to introduce into my .emacs file to have the best
>    > experience possible with this scripting language.
>    >
>    > Where should I start ?
>
>    I personnaly use python-mode.el that is much better than python.el (that
>    come with emacs).
>
> In what is it better ?

Just one example:
When you are in your python file
use C-c ! to open the python-interpreter
then run C-c C-c, the program is evaluated and output is send to
interpreter. that's nice to debug.

python.el doesn't show output in interpreter.

>    I use also ipython as python shell that integrate fine in emacs.
>
> Phew, how many new dependances should I install in order to have

Install python-mode.el and add the 3 or 4 lines mentionned in headers of
file. that's it. In off for a basic usage of python.

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France