Re[2]: An Eclim frontend for Emacs

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: An Eclim frontend for Emacs
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:44:14 -0400

>>> Nikolaj Schumacher <me@nschum.de> seems to think that:
>Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>
>> No, I don't think eclim (which means eclipse) uses some kind of tags
>> database.
>
>Well, eclipse does keep a syntax tree of the source code.  Eclim doesn't
>necessarily make it available in a raw form, but it has (at least) a
>command to print the class prototypes (java_class_prototype).
>
>Looking at the source code it wouldn't be too hard to return methods,
>arguments, etc. in CSV form.  Somebody just would have to convince the
>vim folks to accept patches helping an Emacs project. ;)
>

>Either way, it's a very neat project.  Thanks to whoever mentioned it
>first. ;) The completion seems to work well with company[1], too, so
>I'll include a back-end in the next version.
  [ ... ]

Company mode supports the CEDET completion engine also.  If someone is
going to find out how to make eclim work w/ Emacs, doing so with CEDET
would help company mode, plus several other tools that use CEDET as a
back-end.  I don't know anything about how eclipse works, but I'd be
happy to help someone figure out the CEDET angle.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                       eric@siege-engine.com
   Siege: www.siege-engine.com          Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net