Re: Is JDEE moribund? Is Emacs a viable Java devel environment?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Is JDEE moribund? Is Emacs a viable Java devel environment?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:50:29 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

Hi Richard,

>> http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=jdee
>
> I'm wondering what that offers over the mailing list? It seems pretty
> dead. In fact it is the mailing list isn't it?

Yep, it is.

I hope someone starts writing an emacs interface to Eclim [1] anytime
soon.  I had a quick look at the sources and it shouldn't be too hard,
but it's quite a lot to do (to get all eclipse features).

To me it seems that most java programmers use eclipse (or netbeans)
anyway or switched to eclipse/NB, and there's noone feels preasured to
enhance emacs in that direction.  And you can count me as one of those,
sadly.  But I'm pretty sure that if someone would create an emacs
interface to let's say only the autocompletion feature of eclipse using
eclim, things would get running on their own.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] http://eclim.sourceforge.net/
--
Viruses can't infect RMS's machine because there is nothing to
infect. RMS memorises all his documents. In binary. He just types