Re: Gnus not working in Emacs-Snapshot

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus not working in Emacs-Snapshot
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:56:51 +0200

In this bug, Romain Francoise (Cc-ed) wrote:

| No. If the Gnus version shipped in the gnus package doesn't work
| with Emacs 23 then it should be fixed (but I haven't had any reports
| of this problem before, so it's perhaps a local issue on the
| reporter's machine). It's an old development version (No Gnus v0.5),
| so maybe it just needs to be updated to a newer release.

The problem is definitely not a local issue, see
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/94543/focus=66779>.
Emacs 23 (and up) packages should be used with No Gnus (or Gnus 5.12
when it will be released in the future) or older.  Users of the Emacs
development version (Emacs 23) are strongly encouraged to also use the
version of Gnus bundled with Emacs.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,