Re: Setting Emacs geometry (MacOS / NS)

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Setting Emacs geometry (MacOS / NS)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:42:47 +0100

On 2009-04-08 17:36 +0100, Alberto Simões wrote:
> Hello.
>
> ANybody knows how to set a default emacs geometry under MacOS?
> Everytime I open it I have to rescale for half of its original width :)
>
> Cheers
> Alberto

I asked myself this question when I got my first macbook 7 days ago.
Unfortunately there seems to be no way to set geometry outside Emacs,
unlike either Windows or gnU/LiNUX.

At the moment I'm using:

(modify-all-frames-parameters
 '((width . 120)
   (height . 42)))

Tweak the values to suit your needs. The frame will start with default
size and then expand to the size specified above.

BTW, mac has the best support for unicode; even the Terminal.app can
display any unicode characters. If anybody has any idea on how to set up
Emacs to match Terminal.app's unicode support, please let me know.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

               www.git-scm.com
    git - the one true version control system