Re: Setting different default face for different major-modes ?

From: rplasson
Subject: Re: Setting different default face for different major-modes ?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 03:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 avr, 23:34, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:

> Another option is to use font A for the initial frame and
> font B for all other frames, i.e., the default frames. The initial
> frame might be used for TeX and the others for everything else.

Well I am not sure it would do the trick. What happens when you work
with several LaTeX files ?

Actually, the answer was quite simple (obtained in comp.emacs). I just
add a hook to LaTeX mode that change the buffer face when loaded,
which can be done by:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
       '(lambda ()
                 (face-remap-set-base 'default '(:family
"LMRoman10" :height 100 :background "white"))))

It however seems that the face-remap-set-base function is new in
emacs23 (and may be present only on very recent versions).

Voila :)