Re: Emacsw32 on Linux

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacsw32 on Linux
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:36:18 +0100

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Rasmus Pank Roulund
<rasmus.pank@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to move from Windows to Linux. However, I have gotten used
> to all the nice features of EmacsW32. It is more than CUA-mode; It is
> also Win-button as meta and the setup of tab switching etc. Is it
> possible to somehow add the features of Emacsw32 to a Linux-Emacs
> /easily/? BTW: I use the latest CVS Emacs on Linux.

Most of it, like the buffer switching (a slightlly modified version of
ido),  is actually defined in nXhtml.

I know nothing about using the win-buttons as meta on GNU/Linux.

> BTW: A read an old post (2006) by David Kastrup who proposed a
> "themeing" feature for Emacs. I.e. that you could make Linux-Emacs
> behave like Mac-Emacs (maybe Aquamacs) or Win-Emacs or vice versa. I do
> not think anything like that is possible at the moment, but I think it
> is a really nice idea!

Yes, that would be really nice. Maybe something for Google summer of code?