emacs gdb program launcher

From: Vincent Liard
Subject: emacs gdb program launcher
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:48:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm working on a program that has to be launched from a script which sets
up the execution environment. Fortunately enough, the script provides an
option to start it with GDB and it works ok.

However, I would like to run this program with GDB from within emacs, as
can usually be done. Thus, I start GDB with « M-x gdb » but replace the
command with the program's launcher.

And it works, but rather than opening the source code with emacs buffers,
it merely prints lines to be executed in the *gud* buffer as it would do
with GDB from command line.

I (guess I) undestand GDB is unaware it has been launched from within
emacs but I don't see how to make it interact properly... I've messed a
bit with gdb-show-main which was set no NIL but it doesn't seem to change
anything. Could anyone give me a clue ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent