Re: [OT] Reading Emacs Tutorials

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [OT] Reading Emacs Tutorials
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:43:22 +0100

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Ronnie Collinson
>> <notthinking@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Contribution and communication is always important for any community based
>>> project. My further recommendiation would be to look at quite a few emacs
>>> related blogs, they often have little tid-bits which ussually quite short.
>>
>> Might be a good idea. I wonder what the best way to find them is. On
>> EmacsWiki there are a lot of users that links to their blogs. Maybe
>> that is a good way?
>
> As you commented above, i'll do best study for me and emacs
> family within that ways. Thank you for kind and valuable replies,
> indeed..;;

One thing I forgot to mention is that learning Emacs on ms windows is
a bit more difficult because you might not have the external programs
needed for useful commands like rgrep etc. I have packed together a
distribution that includes those programs, see

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsW32

So if anyone reading this is using ms windows this might be a good way
to learn about Emacs. This might be a first step on the road to
GNU/Linux ...