bashdb in emacs doesn't load PATH adjustment in .bash_profile or .bashrc

From: lehe
Subject: bashdb in emacs doesn't load PATH adjustment in .bash_profile or .bashrc
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:00:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I like to add my own executable's path to PATH. While .bashrc is a place to
go, I need to run my bash script under bashdb in emacs, which does not
invoke a shell, so I always get the "command not found" error. I want to add
the PATH adjustment in .bash_profile, but it's weird this file is not
invoked during login in Ubuntu. To make sure the .bash_profile is read when
login, I enable the 'Run command as a login shell' option. This way in
typical shell session in emacs PATH is shown to be modified, however under
bashdb in emacs PATH is still not including the executable path. Some way to
fix this? Thanks!