How to prevent Gnus from losing connection with nnimap?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: How to prevent Gnus from losing connection with nnimap?
Date: 6 Mar 2009 00:57:24 +0100

Hello

I'm using Gnus to read emails via IMAP. Every 5 minutes or so Gnus loses
the connection to the server. So, it's impossible to let a Gnus instance
run for a longer time. Even if I compose a longer message I have to save
it in the drafts folder, close Gnus and start it again, before I can
send the message.

Is there any way to automatically refresh the connection every few
minutes?

Thanks for a hint,

Sven

--
Sven Bretfeld
CERES -- CEntrum für REligionswissenschaftliche Studien