Re: Red text in Emacs 23

From: antonjhohl
Subject: Re: Red text in Emacs 23
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:00:33 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 9:53 am, John  Halton <johnhal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 9:44 am, John  Halton <johnhal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does it happen without your init files, ie if you start with
>
> > >    emacs -Q
>
> > Ah! No, it doesn't. Will have a ferret around in my init files and see
> > if there might be anything there. Do any general suggestions come to
> > mind? My init.el files are a bit complicated to post here, though I
> > can if necessary.
>
> Disregard previous message. Have tracked down the problem - was a
> fonts issue. Have disabled the relevant line in my init.el until I
> have time/inclination to work out what the problem is.
>
> This thread can now be treated as closed - thanks for your help. (And
> thanks also for EmacsW32 generally - I couldn't be without it, esp. on
> my work PC.)
>
> John

Oops. Just noticed I posted from my main email account rather than my
account for Usenet purposes. So much for keeping my main email address
off Usenet!

Following my previous message, the red text did in fact come back. I
then disabled nxhtml in my init.el and there has been no reoccurrence.
So it looks like it was probably nxhtml related. If you need any
further information then please let me know, but in the meantime I
just wanted to make sure you had accurate information.