Re: emacs got stuck when it opens a file having one long line (~60K)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs got stuck when it opens a file having one long line (~60K)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:24:42 +0900

Kiwon Um <um.kiwon@gmail.com> writes:
> When I open a file having one long line about 60K, emacs gets stuck so
> I should quit forcefully. I tested with "emacs -Q ", but same problem.

I tried the following:

   emacs -Q
   C-u 60000 x

Then I moved the cursor around etc.  There seemed to be no "sticking" or
even any slowdown.  I tried with both 22.2.1 and the CVS trunk version.

Can you provide an exact test case?  Do you have an unusually slow computer?

Thanks,

-Miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson