Re: Building emacs 22.3 with djgpp 2.04 beta/Windows XP SP3 MCE 2005

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building emacs 22.3 with djgpp 2.04 beta/Windows XP SP3 MCE 2005
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:06:27 +0200

> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:51:03 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> Does it help to define the environment variable LOGNAME whose value is
> the same as the Windows user name, before starting Emacs?

Sorry, that was wrong.  (It's been a while since I researched this
problem, so I forgot the details.)  You need to make sure both USER
and USERNAME environment variables are set to the same value.  Windows
sets USERNAME, so if you want to keep that, make sure USER is set to
the same value.  If you don't want to set USER globally, you can do it
in the [emacs] section of your djgpp.env file.

> Setting LOGNAME in the environment should solve the problem in a more
> consistent and predictable way.

Again, I should have said "setting USER".