Re: Building emacs 22.3 with djgpp 2.04 beta/Windows XP SP3 MCE 2005

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building emacs 22.3 with djgpp 2.04 beta/Windows XP SP3 MCE 2005
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:51:06 +0200

> From: Allan <mu8ja0i@earthlink.net>
> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:52:24 -0600
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> > I think this is due to some messup with your user name as Emacs sees
> > it in your setup.  Please tell me what these two commands print:
> >
> >   M-: (user-login-name) RET
> "dosuser"
> >   M-: (user-real-login-name) RET
> "<Windows user name>" : I verified this by logging into two different
> accounts.

That is the reason: the two should be identical to avoid the problem.
Does it help to define the environment variable LOGNAME whose value is
the same as the Windows user name, before starting Emacs?

> I also tried adding to my .emacs this line :
> (setq user-login-name user-real-login-name)
> but it made no difference.

This won't necessarily help, since user-real-login-name might be nil
(not yet initialized) when Emacs processes that line in your .emacs.
Setting LOGNAME in the environment should solve the problem in a more
consistent and predictable way.