Re: how to remove a menu item?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: how to remove a menu item?
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:47:23 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 3, 8:32 am, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:
> > Following is a removal of a bunch for those interested.
>
> It seems like you are gutting so much of themenuthat it would be
> easier to setmenu-bar-mode to nil. Except for reassigning modifier keys
> (with KeyTweak) and putting cursor movement on the c,h,t,n keys
> (necessary with the Dvorak layout) I have found it prudent to leave most
> of the rest of RMS's mnemonic bindings alone. What you may end up with
> after all your work is just aXahLee minor mode. Anyway, I do agree
> that eventually some attention should be given to ergonomic issues but
> the problems are so vast especially when internationalization is taken
> into account that the job will have to be given to a committee rather
> than an individual.
>
> Ed

just wrote up some reasons about the emacs menu usability.

its based on screenshots and drawings... so here

  http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization_menu.html
or
 http://xahlee.blogspot.com/2009/02/emacs-menu-usability-problem.html
 (image here wont show unless you have it cached)

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/