Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:03:01 -0800 (PST)

On 24 янв, 12:55, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: "cmr.P...@gmail.com" <cmr.P...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:33:05 -0800 (PST)
>
> > > Alternatively, you could set up ps-print to pipe its output into
> > > Ghostscript by customizing ps-lpr-command and ps-lpr-switches to
> > > invoke Ghostscript.
>
> > This sounds like a more feasible approach. Could you be so kind to
> > tell me what values of 'ps-lpr-command' and 'ps-lpr-switches' should I
> > use? If not, any link to the relevant documentation appreciated.
>
> The Emacs manual includes in the node "Windows Printing" an example of
> how to set this up.  That description is Windows-oriented, but I think
> you will need only minimal changes to adapt it to your system,
> probably just the name and full path to the Ghostscript executable.

I've followed your advice, but unfortunately it didn't help. The
problem remains even if I just dump the Emacs output to a ps file via
cat-like 'ps-lpr-command'. So, the problem has nothing to do with the
printer. It seems that GEdit performs the rasterization of the image
on the "client" side, while Emacs always relies on the printer
capabilities.

Well, anyway, thanks for the support. I think I'll be able to survive
without Emacs printing :-) At least, I could live without it
before ;-) Thanks to the Unicode, one can always use some external
application like GEdit for the hardcopy production (well, in case he/
she doesn't need Emacs font-lock). I just hoped that someone already
has a solution.

Good luck,
Andrey