Re: textual artifacts

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: textual artifacts
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:59:46 -0800

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> You don't give any idnication of how old that snapshot is. Some of the
> emacs-snapshot packages I've seen are very old - in fact, I saw a ubuntu
> one today that had a date in 2007!!!

Yes, I was using an older ubuntu package, which I have since upgraded to
a newer version from December 08. And presto, the issue seems to have
gone away. But as you say, this may crop up again, so I will try:

> M-x font-lock-fontify-buffer

> What you are observing are probably intermidiate bugs in the
> code.

Also it may be compiz. There seem to be some related issues there.

Thanks for the help.

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.info