Re: is there a package to post to blogger.com?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: is there a package to post to blogger.com?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:38:29 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 12, 5:42 pm, Richard Riley <rileyrg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/e-blog/
>
> > worked fine first go for me and is nice. The only thing it, like most
> > emacs interfaces, seems to lack is the defaulting of the body to a
> > selected region if a region is selected. I like to use thingatpt+ and
> > the region-or-word-at-point function to default the text. It could also
> > do with prompting to accept the previous blog selected as a default.
>
> Some issues:
>
> C-c h in a post buffer already puts in the "http://"; which
> is a bit silly since most of us will have http in the link we wish to
> paste  in.
>
> Trying to post elisp doesnt work: e.g I pasted this in and hit C-c
>
> ,----
> | (defvar e-blog-display-url nil
> |   "If non-nil, e-blog will display the post/edit url in post/edit
> | buffers.")
> | (defvar e-blog-link-region-key "\C-ch"
> |   "Default keybinding for inserting links in posts.")
> | (defvar e-blog-tt-region-key "\C-ct"
> |   "Default keybinding for inserting `tt' style tags.")
> | (defvar e-blog-emphasize-region-key "\C-ci"
> |   "Default keybinding for inserting `em' style tags.")
> | (defvar e-blog-strong-region-key "\C-cs"
> |   "Default keybinding for inserting `strong' style tags.")
> `----
>
> and got:
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid use of `\\' in replacement
> text")

umm... thanks for the note.

btw, there's wiki at http://code.google.com/p/e-blog/ so you might
report it too.

i just started to use it for my blog so i'll see how it goes. Recently
am switching from livejournal to blogger.

btw, someone in livejournal
( http://community.livejournal.com/emacs/29502.html )
mentioned there's also the g-client package in emacspeak, which
supposedly integrate well with google services. (since the author
works at google)

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/