(Un?)Customizing Cursor?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: (Un?)Customizing Cursor?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:44:58 -0500

In related news...

Another small nitpick that I have between my two illustrious
installations is that my cursor behaves differently.  When I learned
Emacs long ago in Terminal.app, I grew to expect the cursor to behave
in a certain way.  When it was over white space, it would be a filled
box.  When it was over a character, it would reverse video and I could
see the character despite the box being full.  My windows install
works exactly as I expect.  On my mac, however, I currently have an
empty box because if I set it to be a solid box (via the preferences),
it simply covers over the text I'm trying to edit.  This simply won't
do.  I'd like to have the same functionality that I do on my Windows
box on my Mac.

I looked into the 'Easy Customization' section of the manual but I
couldn't get the customizations there to really do anything.

Anyway, as always, thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,