w3m questions

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: w3m questions
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:32:21 +0100

Hello,

I have some questions about emacs/w3m. I have an old computer and only
a 56K modem and so w3m seems to be a good browser for me.

1. Is there a way to stop loading a page (other than C-c C-w which
   deletes the whole buffer). C-c C-k only affects the download of one
   part of a page like an image. When loading a big page, Emacs
   sometimes doesn't react to keyboard input for a long time.

2. Often, w3m uses up all available system memory including swap and
   freezes emacs and the whole system. With firefox I can have many
   more open sites without any problems. Doesn't w3m use files for
   caching? I tried

     (setq w3m-keep-cache-size 2)

   but then <left> always reloads the whole page. Is there a better
   solution?

3. Is it save to do online banking, amazon, ebay and such stuff with
   emacs/w3m?

Thanks in advance!

Michael