Writing a function for a indented copy of a region

From: Decebal
Subject: Writing a function for a indented copy of a region
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:31:09 -0800 (PST)

A lot of times I need to copy a part of a (log) file for an e-mail. I
like to indent this (default with four spaces). At this moment I do
this by hand. But I would like to do this with a function.
What I would like this function to do is take the part that is
selected, indent this with (default) four spaces, put the indented
region in the kill-ring and undo the indent. Has anyone a pointer
about how to code this?