Re: "emacs --daemon" does not load init file

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: "emacs --daemon" does not load init file
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:07:32 +0100

"Chengqi(Lars) Song" <songcq@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> I'm using emacs23 snapshot, now it has a fancy function "emacs
> --daemon" to run emacs in background. But when I use "emacsclient -c"
> to connect to the daemon, I found that my ~/.emacs is not
> loaded. That's so bad, is there anyone experienced in emacs daemon?

Yes, I had a problem where my .emacs was only loaded partially till a
specific line and everything after that line was omitted.  The problem
was that the expression in that line required a file which tried to
retrieve informations from the current frame at load time, but with
emacs --daemon there is no frame then.

So I'd try to check if your .emacs isn't loaded at all or if it's loaded
partially.  If it's the latter, try to find the offending code.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
          "Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
                - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -