Re: Weird tramp scp permissions issue with

From: ian
Subject: Re: Weird tramp scp permissions issue with
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:57:35 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 16, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

Ian Eure <ian@digg.com> writes:

I'm using whatever comes with Emacs 22.

I installed 2.1.14, and the problem went away. But it also broke vc-
dired, and maybe other vc stuff:

byte-code: Recursive `require' for feature `tramp-compat'

The vc-mode stuff from Emacs 23 CVS doesn't work for me, either.

Both vc and tramp have been changed significantly in Emacs 23. Could
you, please, start a vanilla Emacs 23 by "emacs -Q" ?

If it doesn't help, I would like to see Tramp traces, after
tramp-verbose has been set to 8.

I should clarify that I'm not running Emacs 23, I'm running 22 with vc transplanted from Emacs 23.

I can still do some debugging with what I have, if you think it would be useful.