Re: imenu with cc-mode in emacs 22 (win32)

From: Rudolfo Ungern
Subject: Re: imenu with cc-mode in emacs 22 (win32)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:45:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Alan,

thanks for your input. With the "debug-on-quit" option I could figure
out that the problem is related with the org-mode that I am using.

If I don't load org-mode, the imenu functionality is working also in
the
cc-mode.

Here is the stack trace that I get when org-mode is loaded.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  byte-code( ... )
  org-show-context(org-goto)
  (lambda nil (org-show-context (quote org-goto)))()
  run-hooks(imenu-after-jump-hook)
  imenu(("dlgInputProc" . #<marker at 1512 in ScriptTester.c>))
  call-interactively(imenu)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

org-mode has version 5.23a, it is the one that comes within Emacs
22.3:

 org-version is a variable defined in `org.el'.
 Its value is "5.23a"

I mentioned that I do not have these kind of problems when running
emacs 21.3. I should add here that for the old emacs version I did
download org-mode from the org-mode.org site and this is version
6.08c.

I have tried now several c files, also small ones, and it doesn' seem
to relate with the content or size of the c code file.

Next step I try to do is to upgrade the org-mode related files to
version 6.08 in emacs 22. Guess this would only be a question
of placing the newer files into a elisp directory that comes in the
path specification before the standard elisp library directories.

I am happy to help to fix this issue (if this is a bug). I just need
to understand a bit more how to file a bug.