puzzled with load-path entries - where do they come from when .emacs is

From: Mirko
Subject: puzzled with load-path entries - where do they come from when .emacs is empty?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:10:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am using emacs 22.1 on windows & I am puzzled with the components of
load-path: where are they coming from:

Even if I completely comment out all of my .emacs, and my
EMACSLOADPATH is empty, when I start up emacs, my load-path is full of
stuff: slime, planner, muse, auctex,... that I use.  But since I
commented all of the code in .emacs where did that stuff come from?
Again, my .emacs is completely commented out.

Thanks,

Mirko