Compilation with separate source and binary directories

From: fuhz . fr
Subject: Compilation with separate source and binary directories
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 05:20:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Developing a cross platform program, I have the next project tree:
- MyProject/
- MyProject/src
- MyProject/bin
- MyProject/bin/linux
- MyProject/bin/windows

My problem is that Emacs do not automatically find the source files on
the compilation output.

So, he asks me "Where is the source code ?" at each compilation...
Very boring.

I solve the problem customizing the 'compilation-search-directories'
variable.
So, in my .emacs, I add an absolute path for each sub-directory of my
project.
Even if I want, it will be hard to find a more dirty solution.

What is the right way to manage multiple binaries output (windows and
linux) ?

Thanks.