Re: Let compilation start in one directory below current one

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Let compilation start in one directory below current one
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:11:41 -0600

stephan.zimmer wrote:
I would like to start my compilation in one directory deeper than the
current. Unfortunately, a local variable specification as

% -*- ... compile-directory: (concat default-directory ".."); ... -*-

is not working. Does anyone has an idea (except adding "cd.." to the
compile command)?

There is no such variable defined or referenced in compile.el.

As far as I know, setting compile-command to "cd .." first is the right
way to do it.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA