flymake mode does not work for header file in C++

From: laser
Subject: flymake mode does not work for header file in C++
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 00:06:34 -0700 (PDT)

I work C++ with Emacs and flymake,flymake mode work well when I open
an .cpp file but not for the  .h file. Bellow is my Makefile and the
error message, popped out when I open an .h file. How could I fix
that?

Makefile:
CXX=g++
.PHONY: check-syntax
check-syntax:
        $(CXX) -Wall -S -fsyntax-only $(CHK_SOURCES)

error message:

Flymake: Configuration error has occured while running (make -s -C ./
CHK_SO
URCES=./blurb_flymake.h SYNTAX_CHECK_MODE=1 chec\k-syntax). Flymake
will be
switched OFF