Re: Making callable function of a macro

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Making callable function of a macro
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:33:31 +0200

Joost Kremers wrote:
Decebal wrote:
[...]
 So I would like to change the macro to a
function.

i think the following info section explains how this can be done:

(info "(emacs) Save Keyboard Macro")

it even claims you don't need to know any elisp to do it...

HTH

Yes, name the macro ( C-x C-k n ) and insert it in some file
with insert-kbd-macro . After that it becomes a callable function/command.
-> (NAME)

This requires the emacs instance, in which this is later invoked, to have
the same commands bound to the same keys as the instance where the macro was
created.

I am afraid writing a generic macro, which would transform a kbd-macro into a
bindings-agnostic function is no trivial task.

-ap