Re: Emacs22, Emacs23, and symlinks

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: Emacs22, Emacs23, and symlinks
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:02:06 -0700

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> This is obviously not the list for
> $ update-alternatives --list emacs

Oh, wait, I see what you're getting at. I didn't know there was an
option besides the 'editor' option. (And I thought you were indicating
that the emacs mailing list was the wrong place to ask my question.
Sorry for the mixup.)

Anyway, --list emacs shows this:

/usr/bin/emacs-snapshot
/usr/bin/emacs22

Which should have, originally, loaded the correct binary. But it wasn't
doing it, obviously, but the symlinks has worked.

Thanks for the help.

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.info