Re: Carbon emacs (OSX) & /usr/bin/emacs using the same .emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Carbon emacs (OSX) & /usr/bin/emacs using the same .emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:55:28 +0200

Am 26.08.2008 um 12:45 schrieb Nikolaj Schumacher:

The versions of both Emacsen are different. Emacs-major-version is 21 for
Apple's non-windowing version.

That depends on the OSX version.  10.5 has 22.1.1.

No, who told Apple that GNU Emacs was updated?! At least the *variable* emacs-version is 22.2 for Carbon Emacs. And as I mentioned, the function gives more details for distinction.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
                        – Bill Watterson, in his comic strip Calvin and Hobbes