Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:41:22 -0400

In article <mailman.15565.1217360044.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> You have your history wrong: Meta came from old Sun keyboards, where
> it was marked with a diamond.

Nope, you have it wrong.  Meta came from the SAIL keyboard at Stanford
AI Lab, developed in 1971.  This was more than a decade before Sun was
founded.  Of course, the Sun founders came from Stanford, so they were
undoubtedly familiar with this keyboard, and the diamond key was
presumably put there to serve the same function.  Similarly with Apple's
command key.

http://www.stanford.edu/~learnest/sailaway.htm
http://infolab.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/pictures/display/1-6-RAIL-keyb
d.jpg