Re: how to tell AucTeX to use a Makefile

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: Re: how to tell AucTeX to use a Makefile
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:19:36 +0200

Jonas <jonasmetz@googlemail.com> writes:

> for writting Latex-code I use Emacs and Auctex. Since I have a nice
> Makefile it would be great to use it and bind it to the shortcut C-c C-
> c. What do I have to write into my .emac file?

; At the end of the tex file, this will also find the correct make file

;; %%% Local Variables:
;; %%% TeX-command-default: "Make"
;; %%% mode: latex
;; %%% TeX-master: "masterfile"

; This adds Make to the tex command list.
(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list '("Make" "make" TeX-run-command nil t)))

HTH

Patrick