HELP! disable scroll wheel acceleration

From: fred00
Subject: HELP! disable scroll wheel acceleration
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

I cannot find any information about scroll wheel acceleration
anywhere, but my emacs appears to have this behavior. No other apps
are doing this, so I am assuming it is an emacs setting. Each click of
the scroll wheel moves the scroll bars more than the previous click -
after a few clicks I end up skipping over entire methods in my code!

I have looked through my ~/.emacs and /etc/skel/.emacs and I don't see
anything. The default.el is empty. I don't have strace installed, so I
don't know what else may be loaded.

I am running emacs 22.1.1 on Fedora 7 through VMWare Player

I figure this is a custom setup because I downloaded the whole Fedora
image through the VMWare site.