Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?

From: Xah
Subject: Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:24:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi dear David,

On Aug 6, 11:39 pm, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Xah <xah...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Harry Putnam wrote:
> > «I can tell you that you are way off base in taking up a sort of
> > feisty attitude to Eli.  ... [~450 words of detail] ...»
>
> [...]
>
> > Whatever, if anything, is between me and Eli, is really between us,
> > esp the exchange between us in this thread has ended few days ago.
>
> No, it isn't as long as you don't take it to personal Mail.

Well, for example, they say you shouldn't do personal arugments
because it's off topic.

Also, implied in my message is that what happens between me and Eli is
more than, say, things you can see on comp.emacs.help.

> > (now revived. yay!) But now you post some 450 words in defense of Eli,
> > i feel it makes me look silly and indignant. I refuse to be humbled
> > here and there.
>
> Your postings make you look silly and indignant, and this here is no
> exception, though probably leaning more to the indignant side than most
> others.

I don't think i agree with your judgement.

> > Thank you however, for your opinion of supporting Eli. If one day i
> > plan to be his enemy, i'll count you in too.
>
> Now that's being silly again.

No doubt. It can, under circumstances, be considered as humour, or,
rather a polite form of ending a awkward situation.

I don't feel i should continue this conversation, but often then
people take me to be aloof. So, i'm obliged to reply on (sans ill
manner), if you prefer.

You can read about my thoughts on netiquette here:

Netiquette Anthropology
http://xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/troll.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/