Re: Learning LISP; Scheme vs elisp.

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Learning LISP; Scheme vs elisp.
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 00:10:43 +0200

"Joel J. Adamson " <adamsonj@email.unc.edu> writes:
> I suggest you use Emacs for Scheme hacking, and that way you will learn
> the ins and outs of both.

Oh yes, and be sure to use paredit.
http://mumble.net/~campbell/emacs/paredit.el

Here is a quick tutorial for using scheme in emacs:

C-x C-f ~/test.scm RET
C-x 2
C-u M-x inferior-lisp RET
C-a C-k mzscheme RET             -- assuming you have  mzscheme  in the PATH.
(display "Hello") RET
C-x o                            -- return to test.scm buffer.
(define (hw)
   (newline) (display "Hello") (newline)) C-x C-e
(hw) c-x C-e
                                 -- so you can keep your source and test
                                 -- expressions in the scm buffer, and
                                 -- send the over to the inferior-lisp
                                 -- process for execution with C-x C-e.

Have fun!

"Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it!
Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!"