Re: won't load .emacs init file

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: won't load .emacs init file
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 00:33:05 +0200

paul.d.mead@googlemail.com wrote:
On Jul 31, 3:00 pm, paul.d.m...@googlemail.com wrote:
I'm running emacs under cygwin. For some reason my .emacs file is
being ignored.

The environment variable for HOME is reporting correctly as /home/
paul. That is where I have placed my .emacs file. I have tried running
using --debug-init and it reports no errors.

I have evaluated every line in the file in turn and they all work
fine. It is as if it's running emacs -q, but there are NO aliases set
or scripts which could be running instead.

Close to my wits' end. Can you help?

Thanks

Additional information - running M-x load-file ~/.emacs loads the init
file perfectly, it just doesn't load when I start emacs.

Do you mean that if you start with

  emacs -Q

then the M-x load-file ~/.emacs works?