Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?

From: Xah
Subject: Re: What does 'run' do in cperl-mode?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:29:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 29, 4:06 pm, Nikolaj Schumacher <n_schumac...@web.de> wrote:

> >> Then why haven't you asked the developers, yet?
>
> > That takes time and energy.
>
> I think that's a trivial copy and paste operation.  Shouldn't take more
> than 4 hours or so.  "As for the benefit, i think it's huge, because it
> fixed one of the usability problems of emacs."

I have gave reasons that asking someone else to do something involves
issues of social relation. I gave the example of standing on the
street and asking people for money. The time and energy, to go to the
street and open your mouth, is perhaps 10 minunes or 10 calories. But
it has ramifications on you, regardless whether you got the money or
not.

Please don't just pick parts of post.

Maybe you are doing it just to annoy me? Don't. The joke is rather
old.

> > You sound like it is my duty or something i should've done.
>
> I thought it's something you wanted to actually accomplish.  That's the
> way to get it done.
>
> > Strongly believing that “Alt+‹key›” notation is better for emacs does
> > not mean i must ask GNU Emacs developers.
>
> There's a saying:  If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.

Vote for me then.

In emacs, pull the menu “Help‣Send Bug Report...”, and write to them
that M-‹key› notation is a usability problem.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/